Joint Pain Treatment in Buffalo, NY
Your joints allow you to move and go wherever you like, and any form of joint pain is a significant inconvenience. However, regular visits to a professional chiropractor for effective chiropractic care can help alleviate and prevent joint pain and keep you moving freely.
Our qualified chiropractor at West Buffalo Chiropractic in Buffalo, NY, will conduct a proper diagnosis and prescribe the best chiropractic care for effective pain relief.
What Causes Joint Pain?
There are many causes of joint pain. The most common ones include the following:
- Joint Injury – Personal injuries like car accidents or sports injuries can cause dislocation or broken bones and cause severe joint pain.
- Osteoarthritis – Osteoarthritis causes wear and tear of your joints, leading to severe joint pain, especially as you grow older. It may start in a single joint, either the shoulder or knee, and then spread to several joints if not detected early and proper treatment administered.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Rheumatoid arthritis causes swelling and intense joint pain and is usually worse in the morning when you wake up. Unending inflammation can destroy the affected joints.
- Bursitis – Commonly caused by overuse, this condition primarily affects the knee, shoulder, hip, and elbow joints. Chronic bursitis causes inflammation that deteriorates muscles and reduces the range of motion in the affected joints.
- Gout – Gout is a type of arthritis that commonly affects the big toe joint.
- Joint strains – Joint strains are caused by the overstretching or tearing of tendons that attach muscles to the bone to enhance movement.
When Should You Visit a Doctor for Joint Pain?
Persistent pain can damage your joints and limit your movement. Even though other people prefer home treatments to eliminate joint pain, it is crucial to consult the doctor for proper guidance once you notice the following signs:
- joint swelling
- joint stiffness
- pain while walking or running
- joint sensitivity
- joint redness
- reduced range of motion
Treatment Options for Joint Pain
When you arrive at our clinic in Buffalo, our chiropractic doctor will conduct a physical exam and X-ray tests to identify the affected joints and recommend appropriate chiropractic care.
The doctor will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan to help reduce and relieve your joint pain through the use of non-invasive methods, such as gentle adjustments, massage therapy, and corrective exercises to enhance flexibility and range of motion.
Reach Out to the Professionals
If you live in Buffalo and need quick and effective joint pain treatment from recent sports injuries or personal injuries, you don’t have to continue searching. You can trust West Buffalo Chiropractic, located in Buffalo, NY, for effective chiropractic care to improve the health of your joints. Contact us at (716) 248-2825 or go online and book your appointment now.