Many people don’t take leg pain as seriously as they should because they assume it will heal on its own. However, in most instances, leg issues don’t heal independently and some often progress to more severe conditions. At West Buffalo Chiropractic in Buffalo, NY, we encourage you to seek chiropractic care as soon as you start experiencing leg pain. Let’s look a bit closer at leg pain and how Dr. Vaquero can provide treatment.
What Are the Primary Types of Leg Aches?
- Musculoskeletal-related leg aches: These are pains in the leg associated with one or more integrants of the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles in the body. The common causes of musculoskeletal leg aches are sports injuries such as overuse injuries, ligament strains, tendonitis, bone fractures, tendonitis, and muscle strains.
- Neurological-related leg aches: These are leg aches linked to the body’s nerves. Neurological leg pain is typically caused by restless leg syndrome and personal injuries involving the spine, resulting in sciatic nerve pain, neuropathy, and leg joint pain.
- Vascular-related lag aches: Some ailments affecting the blood vessels in the legs can also lead to leg aches. Vascular leg aches commonly result from deep vein thrombosis (DVT), peripheral artery disease (DVT), cellulitis, varicose veins, and infections.
Diagnosing Leg Pain
Our chiropractor has several methods of diagnosing and treating your leg pain. The most prevalent starting point for the diagnosis will involve us asking you a few questions, which may include:
- What is the nature of the pain in the leg you are experiencing?
- When did you notice the pain start, and can you remember any specific trigger for the pain?
- Has the pain been intensifying?
- What is your general health, and are you experiencing any other symptoms?
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Leg Pain
- Treats the underlying cause of your leg aches, providing long-term pain relief
- Corrects spinal and nerve problems: thus, alleviating joint pain that might be causing leg pain
- Chiropractic care strengthens the musculoskeletal system, reducing the likelihood of future personal injuries and sports injuries
- This pain relief treatment is quite safe with no side effects and no medications are needed
Get Quality Chiropractic Care in Buffalo, NY
At West Buffalo Chiropractic, Dr. Vaquero provides quality chiropractic care to treat leg pain and a variety of other health issues. If you live in or around Buffalo and are experiencing leg pain call our team today at (716) 248-2825 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.