Airbags and seat belts save lives every day. However, that does not mean auto accident injuries do not happen. Car accidents are traumatic, and safety devices can be defective. West Buffalo Chiropractic provides chiropractic care to patients who have suffered an auto accident injury.
Seat belts are a safety requirement every time someone is in a vehicle. However, seatbelt-related injuries occur, too. Straps can get too tight, they can malfunction, and some are poorly designed or defective.
Possible seatbelt-related injuries:
- Bruising of the torso
- Pelvic injuries
- Abdominal-wall contusions
- Organ damage, such as bladder, kidney, or pancreas
- Neck Injuries
- Fractures of ribs, clavicle, or sternum
- Intra-abdominal trauma
- Internal injuries such as intestinal or bowel
Air-Bag Related Injuries
Sensors control airbag deployment. It is better to collide with an airbag rather than with a windshield, dashboard, or vehicle door. However, airbags can also cause injury. Children are meant to ride in the backseat to avoid severe injuries caused by an airbag. The device can also malfunction by not deploying correctly, failure to deploy, and deploying at the wrong time.
Possible airbag-related injuries:
- Trauma to the face
- Soft tissue injuries such as whiplash
- Injuries to the eyes
- Hearing loss
- Head injuries such as concussions
- Lung and rib injuries
Chiropractic Treatment Tips for Auto Accident Injuries
A chiropractor offers drug-free treatment for aches and pains. After a vehicle accident, a chiropractic clinic is able to relieve the discomfort caused by a seatbelt or airbag related injuries.
Some tips to help with a seatbelt or airbag injury:
- The body will heal itself over time. Relaxing and resting speeds up the process after an auto accident injury. Holistic treatment is meant to assist the body in a non-traumatic way. It is essential to be patient.
- Sharp pain means to avoid using injured muscles. Do not rush to restore tissue. A chiropractor helps restore flexibility to speed up the process.
- Avoid carrying weight. Let others help move and lift things. Odd limb angles cause an increase in pain as well. Mention any muscle aggravations to a professional.
- Most of all, trust the body. If something hurts, stop doing it. The body is made to communicate injury.
West Buffalo Chiropractic
Serving the Buffalo area, the chiropractic team at West Buffalo Chiropractic is available to lend advice or provide treatment when you suffer from airbag or seat-belt related injuries. Auto accident injuries happen every day. We offer professional therapies to ensure you heal naturally.